[hylafax-users] Faxmail as MTA

I am in the middle of getting faxmail set up to handle in bound email to name@#######.fax.domain.com

I am on hylafax 6.04 and I am running Centos 5.4 and have sendmail configured to handle inbound and outbound mail.

I have also done this step

# mailfax - email to fax gateway for sendmail

#

# This file should be installed as /usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax

# (or whatever is specified in the sendmail.cf file).

#

# Edit your sendmail configuration.  Include the following

# mailer definition (or similar):

#

# Mfax, P=/usr/local/lib/fax/mailfax, F=DFMShu, M=100000,

#       A=mailfax $u $h $f

#

# add the following address rewriting rule to rule set 0:

#

# # forward FAX messages to HylaFAX software

# R$+<@$+.FAX>          $#fax $@ $2 $: $1               user@xxxxxxxx

#

# and arrange things so that rule set 3 will not attempt a host map lookup

# on FAX addresses.  If you are using the .cf file generated by the

# m4 macros as your starting point (as implemented in sendmail 8.8.8),

# this can be done by adding these lines:

#

# # Make FAX a pseudo domain, to avoid failed DNS lookups

# CPFAX

#

And it work.  If I send a plain text message to the  dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx it will turn it into a fax and submit it to hylafax and send it.

When I add an attachment it fails.

If I do sendfax –d 123  file file file file

That works.  It identifies the file and converts it and sends it to hylafax andit all works.

I am not sure why sendfax can convert but faxmail cant.

I am also not sure where to look or even if faxmail creates a logfile.

Any help is appreacited.

--

Dave Finnerty,

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions