Re: [hylafax-users] How can be wedged a virtual iaxmodem?

hchris@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I have a asterisk + hylafax installation and ever again I have some wedged virtual iaxmodems?

A wedged modem just means that faxgetty can no longer communicate with the modem.

How is this possible and what can I do there?

In rare circumstances I have seen iaxmodem become unresponsive. Doing a 'kill -HUP' against the PID of the iaxmodem will restart it. You can code that into a "resetmodem" script that wedged calls. See:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/wedged.php

I have had 2 times where all of my 30 modems wedged on this system. After restart they are working all, but after a while I got 2 or 3 modems wedged again.
And now after a restart they stay wedged.

Maybe the iaxmodems aren't running.

Thanks,