Re: [hylafax-users] Page limit

James Smith wrote:

I know the default incoming page limit on hylafax is 25 and I know its configurable, but does anybody know if there a generally accepted number for the page limit that manufacturers stick to?

I don't think that fax machines generally impose a page reception limit except to fail when they run out of paper.

Generally speaking I find that a limit of 25 is too small because almost every business will eventually have someone try to send them a 30-50 (or more) page fax.

But I have seen a number of sending fax systems malfunction to the point where they transmitted hundreds of pages of nonsense, and to prevent those from tying up the line too long it's generally wise to have some kind of limit.

When I think about it, I generally change the setting from 25 to 200.

Thanks,