[hylafax-users] poor send-out fax quality

I have set up a fax server on ubuntu 9.10 with avantfax 3.16. and hylafax 6.0.3 (installed via apt-get install).  the fax that sends out is of poor quality.  atteched is an example of the pdf file avantfax generated and the fax copy i received.  I checked prior postings, there are some mentioning of DITHERING function needs to be libtiff -sb.  However i can not find the FaxModify file in the var/spool/hylafax/etc directory, and I am not sure if this is the fix either.

pls help. thank you very much!

Harry