Re: [hylafax-users] create PDF/A attachments

Hi Silaghi,

Il giorno mer, 31/03/2010 alle 04.58 -0700, Radu Silaghi ha scritto:
> I'd need to receive searchable pfd's ( PDF/A ) . My service provider
> uses PDF Producer libtiff / tiff2pdf - 20060323 / d , PDF Version
> 1.2 .
> Could you suggest other library ?

PDF/A is a subset of PDF specification, similar to PDF 1.4. It is not
specifically meant for being searchable. PDF/A is meant for archiving,
i.e., no trasparency allowed, no external fonts allowed, no javascript
allowed.

In order to create a PDF/A you may use ghostscript. Browse the internet
to find the correct parameter.

In order to create searchable PDFs from received FAXes, you should
probably apply an OCR to the received TIFF and store its result
somewhere (I don't know if you may store it in a PDF file).

Bye,
Giuseppe