Re: [hylafax-users] Remote Fax Client Not Connecting

Thanks for the idea, but it did not seem to work.

In the meantime, we were able to get a user name into the hosts.hfaxd file by figuring out to leave off the "-u" in the command, i.e., we used:

faxadduser -p password username

After doing this, we were able to telnet to port 4559 and successfully "log in" using the user name and password just set via faxadduser.  However, the client software did not act any differently and refused to connect.

We're on Hylafax version hylafax-4.3.8-lrhel5 installed via rpm.

The hosts.hfaxd file is owned by uucp:uucp with 600 permissions.

Using the exact same client on the same PC, we were able to successfully use this method to connect to a different Elastix server running the same version of Hylafax.

Eriks Goodwin-Pfister
Centritech Communications Systems
400 Southlake Blvd, Bldg D
Richmond, Virginia 23236