Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax+ for lenny

Michele Petrazzo - Unipex srl wrote:
I'm trying to install hylafax+ on lenny with the etch packages, but I
receive a dependancy problem: " Package libldap2 is not installed."

Debian (as well as other distros) has a habit of changing library names when the library changes major version numbers in order to support applications that themselves don't yet support the newer version of the library. So libldap becomes libldap2, and then when all applications have finally moved from libldap to libldap2 then they drop the old version and libldap2 becomes libldap once again. Yep, it's incredibly fun.

I think because on lenny libldap2 is switched to libldap-2.4-2.

Yes.

Also forcing  installations, I receive a
"hfaxd: error while loading shared libraries: libldap_r.so.2: cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory" error

I suspect that if you made libldap_r.so.2 a symlink to libldap_r.so then you'd probably be fine.

I have also look at the debian/control and all the others file for try
to build a new packages, but I have no found where they are.

I've now put the deb build files on the Sourceforge download page. Download this file:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/hylafax/hylafax-deb_build.tar.gz?download

Extract that somewhere where you have your hylafax-5.2.9.tar.gz file, and then read README.

Thanks,