Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax-4.4.4-1rhel3 and US Robotics 56 EXT faxmodem model 5631 recieve FCS error

Konstantine,

The NSF and DIS signals (you showed a receive-side log with NSF being received and Robert showed a receive-side log with DIS being received) are both signals that are only transmitted by the fax receiver.

The only way that I can imagine a fax receiver receiving NSF or DIS would either be if there was a very badly delayed echo/sidetone on the line, or if there were another fax receiver on the same line. In my experience it is almost always the latter.

Thanks,

Lee.

voznjuk konstantin wrote:
Dear Lee,
Sorry, but let me propose other point of view. Problem at my site and at the site of Robert Becskei appeared on different location, diferent OS, and diferent hardware and of cource cant have same strange reason like another fax on same line. I think that problem is in cammand sets for particular modem class.

Best regards,
Konstantin

Robert Becskei <robert.becskei@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>