Re: [hylafax-users] FaxDispatch & Faxrcvd

Thanks for the reply Lee.

So, are you saying that I should include my PDF conversion in FaxDispatch
instead?

I saw another script online that refererenced the printing of faxes based
on
the COM port:

## and/or by device
FOLDER="/var/spool/hylafax/recvq/"
FULLPATH="${FOLDER}${FILENAME}.tif"
case "$DEVICE" in
ttyS14)   /usr/bin/tiff2ps -w 8.5 -h 11 -a $FILE |lpr -P kyocera; mv
$FULLPATH /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/dept1/;;    # all faxes received on
ttyS14
ttyS15)   /usr/bin/tiff2ps -w 8.5 -h 11 -a $FILE |lpr -P kyocera; mv
$FULLPATH /var/spool/hylafax/recvq/dept2/;;    # all faxes received on
ttyS15
esac

Could I substitute tiff2pdf and pipe the results to the separate folders?

David Elliott
Central Region IT Systems Project Administrator
Tel. 407-245-0490 x 711
Cell 321-239-6500

             Lee Howard
             <faxguy@howardsil
             van.com>                                                   To
                                       David Elliott/D07/DCF@DCF
             02/25/2009 12:01                                           cc
             AM                        hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject

David Elliott wrote:
> I'm confused as to whether FaxDispatch will override Faxrcvd though and
> how to continue getting the PDFs.

In the default installation FaxDispatch is invoked by faxrcvd as a means
to modify or customize faxrcvd behavior.  If you've made alterations to
faxrcvd, then you've got to work with whatever your modifications will
allow.

Thanks,