[hylafax-users] Possible incomplete data reported by ai.record function

	Hi all

I've noticed, in one of our hylafax installation, that from to time,
some fax marked as failed are not reported as such in the xferfaxlog file.

After noticing this in a very high volume fax server, I've tried to find
if this same problem is present in other installation and found that
every installation is affected!

This means I've verified this same problem in this hylafax versions:

4.2.1, 4.3.0

and this hylafax+ versions:

4.3.0.6, 5.0.2, 5.1.1, 5.2.3, 5.2.8

The code that is affected seems to be unmodified between hylafax and
hylafax+ code base.

in sendFaxPhaseB function there are these 2 lines:

fax.notice.append("Giving up after 3 attempts to send same page");

traceServer("SEND: %s \"%s\", dirnum %d",(const char*) fax.notice,
(const char*) freq.item, freq.dirnum);

whenever this code is fired, because for example of a
"Failure to train remote modem at 2400 bps or minimum speed"
kind of error, for the third time in a row

the ai.record function in faxSendApp.c++ file does register a SEND
record in the xferfaxlog file, without the status (thus the reason) of
the failure.

I expect a status message like:

"Failure to train remote modem at 2400 bps or minimum speed; Giving up
after 3 attempts to send same page"

A blank string (thus meaning fax sent correctly!) or a string without
meaning are present in the log.

I'm also going to fill a bug report on hylafax, even if I'm not certain
at 100% that this kind of problem is reproducible on the latest version.

Thanks in advance

Regards

Davide