Re: [hylafax-users] The right place for xferlog

Wolfgang Klein wrote:
I just
noticed that there are two file called xferlog: one is written in
/var/spool/hylafax/etc, and the other one exists in /var/spool/hylafax/log.

In the first one there are only entries that have "UNSENT" and "SUBMIT"
in the second field, all others go to the second file.

Using "grep" at the source code (version 5.2.7) I only find one place
where xferlog is to be placed:

hylafax-5.2.7 # grep -i "xferlog" *
config.h:#define        FAX_XFERLOG     FAX_ETCDIR "/xferfaxlog"
config.h.in:#define     FAX_XFERLOG     FAX_ETCDIR "/xferfaxlog"

Is it possible that the second xferlog is written by capifax?

I suppose that's possible, because HylaFAX only works with the one in /etc/.

If there really have to be two files: can I concat the contents of the
two files into one file and use a link, so that only one file is being
used after all?

I don't know. Possibly. You're talking about merging the log files from two different softwares and hoping that the softwares will work compatibly with data from the other. Impossible to say, really, unless at least one of the softwares intends that to be the case.

Thanks,