Re: [hylafax-users] incoming fax as pdf

 Yes. I have a FaxDispatch that routes TIFFs into a queue for processing which converts them to PDF. I get a copy of every fax in PDF format just in case something blows up in the queuing and the TIFF gets corrupted or deleted.

NOTIFY_FAXMASTER=errors

SENDTO=<e-mail>

FILETYPE=pdf

cp $FILE /path/to/PDF-files/$FILENAME.tif

Then I run:

tiff2pdf -p letter -q 75 -f –o /path/to/pdf/archive/filename.pdf /path/to/PDF-files/filename.tiff

You could do all of that in the FaxDispatch but I obtain fax info from the TIFF (using faxinfo) first in my queuing application before converting it to PDF.

Glen Batchelor
IT Director
All-Spec Industries
 phone: (910) 332-0424