Re: [hylafax-users] hylafax or WHFC problem: long phone number chopped to 12chars

TeeCee wrote:
and sorry, I do not know which one causes the problem. I have a linux server with a working hylafax and a bunch of WinXP clients that are using WHFC for sending faxes easily. I have this in our small company so I have to dial 9 to get a line. So if I want to send a fax to another area I dial: 9,06,1 7654321 The only problem is that in the whfc client I can see that only the first 12 characters are displayed, and I'm sure that only those are dialed, I tried with some tests.

Do I have to set up differently in hylafax, or is this a WHFC settings error/problem?

This sounds to me like you need to set up your dialrules (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/dialrules, see 'man dialrules'). Then you will not need to prepend all of those things manually when you submit the fax.

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/dialrules.php

Thanks,