[hylafax-users] Solaris and USB modems

Hi there,

I'm renewing some servers and their related services.  I'm also planning to move our hylafax instance from a linux box (w/ serial modem on a RS-232) to a Solaris server and a USB modem (no serial ports...).  I tried searching around the net and this ML, without luck.  What I'm wondering is whether USB modems under solaris would work, and - in that case - which ones (OTF experience anybody?).

I don't think I'll have any trouble at all installing it by compiling its sources, however I'm worried about how to handle the usb modem devices under Solaris:  are these devices seen as straight ttys? or is it possible to use a usbToSerial for it (and in that case, which one would fit best?), or whatever?

Keep in mind that I would try it myself instead of bothering you all, but I don't have the modem yet, I'm waiting to collect further info on the subject before buying potentially useless stuff...

Really thanks in advance folks!

Marcello

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions