Re: [hylafax-users] root jobs stuck at faxend (Waiting for modem to come free)

Dennis Araiza wrote:

I’m hoping someone can help diagnose a problem I’m having with hylafax-4.4.4-1rh7 on a RH7.3 system. I’ve spent a couple of days googling for like issues and have found some very useful info but have not come to a conclusion to solve my problem. Hylafax has been working great every night but on occasion random ports will get stuck at “Waiting for modem to come free” with a lock file on the port in /var/lock/LCK..ttySR??. When I run a ps –ef|grep faxsend I see the below in which the root sent job hangs indefinitely until the process is killed. Once the faxsend process is killed, the port frees up and more jobs are sent through it.

Send me some of the session logs that correspond to the stuck faxsend instances and that will allow me to give you some idea as to what has happened.

Thanks,