Re: [hylafax-users] Best Practices: Dialogic Diva 4BRI-8 PCI v2

Hello Tobias,

I am working for Dialogic, doing support for Diva there.
Use the official driver (if you want I can give you a link for our newest
version 9 which will be released in the next weeks).
Our driver contains melware software for long time, but will you give a lot
of additional features.

Hylafax does not support CAPI, so we added some nice TTY interfaces in our
driver, so that folks with Hylafax can use it.

If you go to www.dialogic.com and enter Hylafax in the top right hand search
window (Suchfenster, ich red nur wegen den anderen nicht deutsch  :)  then you
will find some configuration help for the Hylafax TTYs if you use them
together with Diva boards.

I hope this answered your question?

Oliver

Tobias Bartel schrieb:
Hallo,

I am about to setup a new HylaFAX Server with a Diva card at its core.
I did my research and now i am a bit confused ;)

Should i use the offical drivers or the drivers availabel at
melware.org?

Should I use CAPI or the ttyI* devices?

My gut tells me to use latests melware.org drivers and the ttyI*
devices. In the past i never had any luck doing anything with CAPI.

So what is the way to go? What will caus less headaches in the longterm?

... and is there a simple copy'n past howto for Debian that i just
could not find?

thx in advance - tobi