Re: [hylafax-users] What command can I use to display runningservice.

Ramon F. McDougall typed (on Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 03:34:44PM -0500):
| Thanks, ps -A displays services; I see

More precisely, ps discloses running programs; I guess some of them are
services :-)

| 9552 faxq
| 9556 hfaxd
| 1980 tty4 mingetty
| 1981 tty5 mingetty
| 1982 tty2 mingetty
| 1983 tty2 mingetty
| 1986 tty1 mingetty
| 1988 tty6 mingetty
|
| How can I start faxgetty?

Once you've edited /etc/inittab to have a faxgetty entry, it should
startup in a minute or so.  If not, try running 'init q'.  If faxgetty
still doesn't start running, then just type the command in inittab at a
root prompt and see what happens.

--
JP