[hylafax-users] notify script customization to have "regarding" in the email subject?

Im running vanilla install of  Fedora Core release 4 (Stentz) with
hylafax-4.4.2-1fc4.i386.rpm downloaded directly from the hylafax web
site

Im trying to customize the notify email to include 'regarding' info
from the q file in the email subject line sent back to the user via
the notify script

With other versions of hylafax... I just modified the notify script
include a $regarding variable and it worked, as it seemed that all the
q file fields were available as variables.  It seems thats changed
though with this version. I added regarding to be parsed out in the
awk section and then tried to export it for use with the
CreateMailMessage funtion but its not working.

Im at my wits end. Can some kind person give me some guidance.?

Heres what Ive changed thus far and haven't had any luck

[root@hylafax bin]# diff notify notify.orig
119,120c119
< REGARDING=$regarding
< export COMMID SENDTO FROMADDR TOADDR DESTINATION WHY JTIME NEXT
JOBINFO REGARDING
---
> export COMMID SENDTO FROMADDR TOADDR DESTINATION WHY JTIME NEXT JOBINFO

[root@hylafax bin]# diff common-functions common-functions.orig
142d141
<     /^regarding/    { p("regarding", $2); }
[root@hylafax bin]#

In the past in an older version this is all I had to do (modified line
650 in the notify script)
[root@hylafax bin]# diff /var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify
/var/spool/hylafax/bin/notify.orig
650c650
<       notify_mail "$jobtag $DICTTO $DESTINATION re: $regarding
$DICTCOMPLETED" "$mailaddr";;
---