From: John Despujols <JDespujols@xxxxxxxxx>
To: hylafax-users@xxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2008 4:50:38 AM
Subject: Re: [hylafax-users] "Waiting for modem to come ready"

Seems to work in this state...  I am a total newbie here, should have disclosed that,  . I did not set this up oringinally and was asked to look at it today. The command faxstat returned that message as the state of each modem;  However, the faxes still seem to work and be sent properly. In retrospec , maybe that has something do with the setup here and it only needing to send faxes and not recieve faxes??

Anyway, the actuall faxes were failing probably because the config file was set at  38,600 or something, changing it to 19200 allowed the faxes to be sent on the sportster 36.6 modem they have here.

I asked the question originally because I read, in the hylafax documents somewhere, that this message meant the modem was not ready  and waiting for something else. So I assumed the modem was not ready to even try to send faxes yet.

Thanks for all the replys!