Re: [hylafax-users] outbound callerid for patton 2977

ACL wrote:
How could we define the callerid for outbound call made from patton 2977? default is empty or not available.

As far as I can recall, there was no way on the Patton 2977 to assign the Caller*ID for outbound calls.

Therefore, I ended up putting an Asterisk server in-between the telco and the HylaFAX server with the 2977 and then I used a somewhat complex dialstring formatting to get the Caller*ID passed through to Asterisk which would then parse-out the Caller*ID setting from the dialstring and was capable of setting it appropriately.

However, there would be no reason to do that craziness today since IAXmodem (right on the Asterisk server) easily outperforms the Patton 2977.

Thanks,