Re: [hylafax-users] ModemGroup not working

* Atilla Gündüz <gunduz.atilla@xxxxxxxxx> [080822 04:34]:
> I have several modems on my Fedora Core 8 x64bit server with
> hylafax-5.2.5-1.
>
> in [/var/spool/hylafax/etc/config] I defined
>
> ModemGroup: "it:ttyS[28,30,32,34]"

ModemGroup uses regex as it's matching mechanism.  The above is valid regex
but I'm guessing it's not meaning what you want.

       A bracket expression is a list of characters enclosed in `[]'.  It nor-
       mally matches any single character from the list (but see  below).   If
       the  list  begins  with  `^',  it matches any single character (but see
       below) not from the rest of the list.  If two characters  in  the  list
       are  separated  by `-', this is shorthand for the full range of charac-
       ters between those two (inclusive) in the collating sequence, for exam-
       ple,  `[0-9]' in ASCII matches any decimal digit.  It is illegal(!) for
       two ranges to share an endpoint, for example, `a-c-e'.  Ranges are very
       collating-sequence-dependent,  and portable programs should avoid rely-
       ing on them.

So [28,30,32,34] is equivelant to [,02348], meaning that your expression will
match devicd that as the first chracterter after the ttyS being a 0, 2, 3, 4,
8, or a comma.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103