[hylafax-users] Kernel 2.6.26 Apparently Breaks USB Fax Modem

Hello list members,

The new Linux 2.6.26 kernel seems to have broken the ability
to send faxes using a USB modem.  This has been my experience.

Although this problem does not directly involve HylaFAX,  I thought
that it would a good idea to report it here because it may affect
HylaFAX users.  What is more important, though, is that in order
to quickly solve the problem the help of HylaFAX users may be
necessary.  The detailed logs that HylaFAX provides are an
asset in this case.

I reported my troubles to the Linux kernel USB mailing list
(linux-usb at vger dot kernel dot org) and have been able to
provide some debugging information.  But I am not an expert
on fax transmission protocols and, if it were needed, could
not correlate any HylaFAX log data with kernel debugging
logs.  Thus, I would request that anyone who could offer some
help to check out the thread titled "2.6.26 Breaks USB Fax Modem"
at the following archive:

http://news.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general

Any reports you may have that pertain to this issue should
be sent to list at the email address above.  It would be
good to have some confirmation reports of USB modem fax failure
with kernel 2.6.26.

Regards,

Frank Peters