Re: [hylafax-users] ECM

breedish wrote:
On what part of chain ( Hylafax - modem - transmission medium - Fax) should ECM presents?

I don't really understand the question, but...

In Class 1 HylaFAX does the ECM (if HylaFAX is configured to support it).

In Class 2 the modem does ECM (if the modem supports it - and most don't).

I guess that is should presents on al chain, if it is so how to know if modem and fax support it?

In Class 2.0 you check the modem for ECM support by examining the response to AT+FCC=?

Does it part of protocol T.38?

If memory serves me correctly ECM is required in T.38, yes.

Thanks,