[hylafax-users] unpaper tool: cleans, centers & re-orients faxes

Hey list, I'm having so much fun with hylafax, here's another post already!

I just found a great tool called 'unpaper' which I thought some of you might
be interested in checking out.

Although designed for cleaning scanned pages of text, it works perfectly
on fax pages.

The software performs the following tasks in an fully automated way:
 - cleans unwanted 'edge of page' muck away
 - removes dots and dirt
 - centers pages
 - orients text that has come through on an angle to be correctly
oriented (vertical)

I tried it on some real faxes and it works perfectly - I am very
impressed with the results.

Of course, implementing it as part of your fax process will likely
raise CPU usage significantly, but in my opinion it's worth it!

You can download it here:
http://unpaper.berlios.de/

Have fun ;)

- Walter