Re: [hylafax-users] Regd customizing hylafax to log errors into db instead of mailing

Deepak Sathya wrote:
I have already built a script to log jobID into a database and now
looking for logging options when a fax message fails. I checked
FaxAccounting option available in Hylafax+ but seems its good for
successful messages but not that good for parsing errors.

All failures and successes are available to FaxAccounting. (Otherwise it would be a fairly poor accounting tool.)

Instead, The error messages I get through email are pretty good and
detailed. Would like to know if emailing feature is a script like
faxaccounting or written in C. I would preferably not like to fiddle
with the code making it hard while upgrading. Any pointers towards the
right direction would be greatly helpful.

FaxAccounting is much more reliable than scripting-in with FaxNotify.

Thanks,