Re: [hylafax-users] AVM sendfax

Dan Radulescu wrote:
Christian schrieb:
Hi all,

I have to send about 200 Faxes, but i have slow hardware :-( (an old P3
with an AVM Fritz! Card and 2 ISDN Lines <- Not my idea to send this number
of Faxes over this solution...)

Hi Christian, Hi list,

No problem, I sent more than 3000 Faxes - P3 500, Debian, Hylafax, AVM Fritz PCI - within 1-2 days.

Can I tell hylafax to increase the sendq timeout that we dont run into the
3h timeout error?

sendfax -n -A -h modemname -o user -t2 -T2 faxfile.ps -d faxnumber

better having a file with the destination faxnumbers: numbersinfile.txt

sendfax -n -A -h modemname -o user -t2 -T2 -k'now+12hours' faxfile.ps -z numbersinfile.txt

Good luck Dan
Hi Dan,

thanx a lot for this hint. Ill try this next time.
If I understand this right, the options "n", "h", "o", "t" and "T" are not nessesary for the job? If they are not defined, sendfax will use the standards from the config file?

The Problem of some of the Bulkfaxjobs is, that our salesteam wants to send individual Faxes with something like "Dear Mr. Someone". So I have to submit the Page via Word and sambaprinter and send it through sambafax. One option is to modify the sambafax script with the -k option. But is there an alternative to put it into one of the configfiles?

the solution found in the hylafax.org howto does not work:

"With sendfax, [cut] or in hyla.conf (or sendfax.conf) with KillTime: "now + 7 days"."

because of the AVM implementation of sendfax.

Greets
Christian