Re: [hylafax-users] Problem receiving faxes from a particular fax machine / need workaround or fix

On Sat, 26 Apr 2008 22:52:58 Ian wrote:
> I've had good luck with USR Courier modems and hylafax. They're
> ridiculously expensive new, but not that difficult to find used on ebay
> and similar sites. But i agree, decent modems are getting hard to find,
> all anyone carries anymore is pci or usb chunkajunks these days :(

Um... USR/3com Courier look great to start with but I have found them to be
incompatible with other modems for no apparent reason and after the hassles I
had with them I won't use them again.

I have had far better success with Multitech and as a bonus these also support
v.34 fax, a feature I highly recommend considering that the number of fax
machines supporting v.34 is consistently increasing.

These also have a 10 year warranty (like the USR), are a lot cheaper, consume
less space and are not ugly as f***.

Last of all if you buy one (ZBA5634-V-V92 global) and for no conceiveable
reason decide it isn't for you - I will buy it from you.

No doubt Mr. Mainpine will be along shortly to tell us that we're both wrong
lol.

Last of all, if you still insist you like the Courier, I may have a 56k v.90
or v.92 model in mint condition lying around that you can buy but of course
it is with the obvious disclaimer.

Michael