Re: [hylafax-users] Postfix faxmail mangling... Jereme

Lee,

Thank you for updating the HOWTO.
It was a great help.

Dave, my consultant, showed me why my main Postfix mailserver was getting an "auth" error returned to it from my faxserver.
Relaying mail through my main mailserver on the way to my faxserver utilizes existing desktop mail client (Thunderbird) configurations (a great timesaver for me).
But, the main mail machine itself is not an authorized hylafax user, thus it fails to authenticate with the faxserver.

I learned that hylafax checks the first line of the body of the email for authentication:  "PASS <password>"
Since all of the desktop clients are in a secure network, I added a "nobody" login with no password and now mail passes through without requiring the PASS line.

I had to get the "auth" error fixed before I could see your mail2fax script in action.
It works, until it tries to generate a POS file, read on.
Now I have a new problem.
I consistently get this error:
textfmt: No font metric informtaion found for "Courier-Bold"

On Ubuntu ver 7.10, Ghostscript is installed as part of the distribution.
But it seems to be installed minimally, without gs-esp and without a font.map in the /usr/share/fonts/type1/gsfonts.