Re: [hylafax-users] No Dial tone/No carrier detected

Justin Francesconi wrote:
I don't know much about phones and jacks, so I can't answer your question. I can tell you that the phone line has 4 lines in the jack, as opposed to 2 lines. This line has been working for a phone perfectly fine, it is able to dial out and everything, but thats when plugged into a phone. The modem is a multi-tech faxmodem. So do you suggest I find another line and try that?
Go back to basics. Use Minicom and make sure that you can dial your cell phone reliably, through the PABX, using the modem. You should not need to disable dial tone detection. Does this work every time ?

What does 'multi-tech faxmodem' mean ? Without a model name and model number we can't tell much from your description.

What phone are you using on the PABX when you are running your tests ? if it's a phone that is supplied by the PABX manufacturer then it may well be proprietary and not a good test. Use a 'normal' analog phone... does this work reliably ?

Try your tests on a line that does not use the PABX.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 866 363 6680 | UK +44 1225 807 807
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com