Re: [hylafax-users] A question on hylafax

Stephen Liu wrote:
Hi folks,

OS Archlinux 86-64 2007 08-2

Hylafax is completely new to me. I'm searching for answer to following questions;

1) Print fax on Desktop

I'm looking for a package which can send fax direct on application
(such as OOo, gedit, etc.) with print command.  Similar to Symantic
WinFax on MS Windows.

Yes. I personally use "WinPrint HylaFax" and recommend the same to my customers. Seamless and simple integration into the Windows environment.
2)
To send fax on email software, such as Evolution etc.
Yes. I personally use Postfix and recommend the same to my customers. You simply send an email with a PDF or TIFF attachment to 1.234.567.8900@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and the application uses "1.234.567.8900" as the fax number, the email message itself as the cover page and the PDF or TIFF attachment as the body of the fax. Simple and effective.

Whether HylaFax can help me? If YES, please advise where/how to start? TIA

Yes. Start by reading the documentation available on the HylaFAX+ website. Read it twice before even downloading the software. The "HOW TO" section is invaluable. I routinely refer back to it myself. Then install it and give it a try.
B.R.
Stephen L
Good luck!

--

	--Michel R Vaillancourt
	Independent oDesk Contractor since February, 2008