Re: [hylafax-users] distinctive ring documentation?

Kirk wrote:
Okay, I've spent a good portion of a day attempting to get distinctive ring
functionality to answer only fax calls, to no avail.  Where is the
documentation for this feature?  I've setup my modem to have AT+VDR=1,0 and
can commect to minicom and see DRON=8, DROF=4,DRON=8 displayed when I place
test calls.  I set RingFax, RingVoice to many different settings to no
avail, the server continues to pick up ALL incoming calls regardless.

Can someone help me out or point me to the proper configuration
documentation?  I can see 'man hylafax-config' and dring settings and such
but nothing on actually how to set it up.

Take a closer look. Search this page:

http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/hylafax-config.php

For "DistinctiveRings".

My guess is that you needs something like this:

DistinctiveRings: F-8-4-8

However, you may also need to type your voice ring to make sure that those calls are not answered.

At some point in the future I'd like to see the distinctive ring information passed through to faxrcvd/FaxDispatch so that routing can be made based on the ring type (thus you could have a few different distinctive rings to identify different recipients, the total amount would be very limited).

Thanks,