[hylafax-users] Trying to configure Conexant HCF PCI fax modem...

Hi,
Being somewhat new to the world of Linux I believe I am at the point now where I know just enough to be dangerous.
I am trying to get Hylafax up and running on my Debian Etch 4.2 (i386 Intel platform) installation with a Conexant HCF 56 PCI Fax/Modem card.
I stepped through faxsetup process (I was following instructions in a document I located) and tried setting the tty to S0.  Toward the end of the setup process the system did some probing to determine the best communication speed for the device but the process failed.
I then tried stepping through faxaddmodem and this time set the device to ttySHCF0 as suggested in another document I found but the system barked with "/dev/ttySHCF0 is not a terminal device."
From what I understand the faxsetup or faxaddmodem tools assume there is a device connected via Serial port which is not so in my case.
How do I configure Hylafax to use my Conexant card???
Thanks!
Dov