[hylafax-users] Can't run more than one line of Hylafax + iaxmodem

I am trying to set up a multi-line fax server (inbound only) using Hylafax+ and iaxmodem. Calls are processed by an Asterisk server and then sent to the fax server via IAX2. This works perfectly for a single modem, but I can't get more than the first instance to work. It only answers on the first instance, so in this example of inittab, only ttyIAX1 answers. The other just rings with no indication by the fax system that it is ringing. If I reverse the order, then ttyIAX0 will work.

mo00:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX1
mo00:23:respawn:/usr/local/sbin/faxgetty ttyIAX0

In addition, whenever I try to load multiple instances of faxgetty, the iaxmodem process will peg the CPU at 100%. Usually it is just one of the iaxmodem processes, but sometimes it is two of them each at 50%. There is no CPU issue when I only have one instance of faxgetty.

Here is ttyIAX0 (ttyIAX1 is similar but with ttyIAX1 as device and port 4571):
device /dev/ttyIAX0
owner uucp:uucp
mode 660
port 4569
refresh 60
server (xxxxxx)
peername fax-trs0
secret (xxxxxx)
codec ulaw

I have run faxaddmodem for each modem, and like I said, they each function if run by themselves, but only the first functions if I try to load both.