Re: [hylafax-users] FaxWatch Question

Aidan Van Dyk wrote:
* Steven Jardine <steve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> [080310 15:27]:
I have been working on a event system based on hfaxd and the "site trigger" command. I was wondering why this command and faxwatch doesn't report any errors. If a fax being received errors out it doesn't pass the error along. As far as faxwatch or hfaxd is concerned the fax completed successfully. Any ideas? Thanks.

Well, it's not quite that way.

As far as faxwatch or hfaxd are concerned, only 1 of 5 "events"
happened.  The hfaxd (and thus faxwatch) server doesn't know anything
about failure, but id doesn't know about success either.  All it knows
about is when "something" happened, and the current list of somthing is
limitted to:
       RECV_BEGIN           R      0x0001     fax, inbound call started
       RECV_START           R      0x0002     fax, session started
       RECV_PAGE            R      0x0004     fax, page receive done
       RECV_DOC             R      0x0008     fax, document receive done
       RECV_END             R      0x0010     fax, inbound call finished

It may very well be a good idea to add more event "somethings" for
received faxes.   We have event bits left to use.  Can you think of
other events that would be usefull?

a.
I think I would add a RECV_ERROR and SEND_ERROR events. This is assuming you hfaxd could be configured to send this information. What do you think?

Steve