Re: [hylafax-users] Multiple "MODEM No carrier"

Chris Weiss wrote:
to restate my original:
however, I have a couple people telling me that sometimes it takes 3
or 4 resends to get a fax through with their machine reporting poor
line quality and they don't have the issue with anyone else.  I have a
PRI to my phone server and the fax is on analog ports off that.  The
stranger part is that I can't seem to find logs of the complete
failures.  Also, the faxcron usage reports never seems to report any
failed calls.

there is no evidence of any failed sessions at all, despite people
saying they happen.  faxcron usage reports also /never/ reports any
failures at all, and I find this part suspicious since with 3000+
calls per month to a wide variety on long distance and international
numbers it is statistically very unlikely that I would never have a
failure of any sort.

Can you identify the failed calls or suspected failures in your xferfaxlog file? (/var/spool/hylafax/etc/xferfaxlog)

Thanks,