[hylafax-users] ATD Error on External USB-serial Modem

I have 2 external serial modems (Trendnet TFM-560X), working perfectly.
Recently I purchased a new server which comes with only USB connections.
So I bought a serial to USB adapter (Prolific PL2303) which has a good kernel support. I recompiled the kernel with the driver support and dmesg shows that the kernel found it correctly:

Code:
usbcore: registered new interface driver usbserial
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial Driver core
drivers/usb/serial/usb-serial.c: USB Serial support registered for pl2303
pl2303 2-2:1.0: pl2303 converter detected
usb 2-2: pl2303 converter now attached to ttyUSB0
usbcore: registered new interface driver pl2303
drivers/usb/serial/pl2303.c: Prolific PL2303 USB to serial adaptor driver

When I communicate with the modem through minicom, every command works except ATD/ATDT:

Code:
Welcome to minicom 2.2

Compiled on Feb 26 2008, 19:24:47.
Port /dev/ttyUSB0

AT S7=45 S0=0 L1 V1 X4 &c1 E1 Q0
OK
ATI0
Agere OCM V.92 Ver2.7a (Jun 14 2004) Voice Mercury DP2SH mode-ii SERIAL
OK
ATI5
OCM ,0,19
OK
ATD
ERROR
ATDT9
ERROR

I tested with 2 different kernels and it's just the same...
Anyone had a similar problem?

Hope for a solution as I am eager to move to the new server :)
Thanks.

Project hosted by iFAX Solutions