[hylafax-users] HylaFax client experiences [WAS: Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?]

Hi all,

So now that I got my HylaFax server running, and it passed at least one incoming test, I wanted to turn to looking at the various clients out there, and wanted to know people's thoughts on the better ones (preferably the free ones).

The basic functionality I'm seeking is something that can at least monitor the fax queue.  Very likely, I'm going to setup sending faxes via one of the samba printer solutions, as some of our internal functions will work much easier with those versus having to integrate with a client somehow.

I did take a quick glance at WHFC, and it looks like it has the monitoring functionality I'm after, but the user/password setup is a bit odd, in that it looks like it grabs the username to use out of an environment variable somewhere, and only asks for a password.  Is there a mode to make it just toss up a generic user/password dialog versus hard coding such a value in a config file that'd need to be changed should that user move/depart/etc..?

Thanks!,

--Josh