Re: [hylafax-users] Time start/stop sending

Michael Hallager wrote:
How can I set a start/stop sending time *after* the fact (ie: when the batch is already submitted using Sendfax).

There are a number of ways... one of the "cleanest" ways seems to be removing all modems from the ModemGroup used by those jobs (in etc/config).

Up to now I have been using cron to start / stop the Hylafax process at the intended time, however I am now adding a receiving modem to that machine, so obviously the Hylafax process needs to run 24/7 now.

I still have a couple of thousand faxes left to go on the current batch so I can't simply set the desired time using the sendfax client - is there another way please?

I want it to start at 8.30AM and finish at 4.00pm - weekdays only (sending)

I'm running the latest release version of Hylafax+

It sounds like this is a regular occurrence. My guess is that you should be submitting the jobs with a "timeofday" setting (which HylaFAX+ supports via sendfax's -a option) or by using TimeOfDay for those jobs in a JobControl.

Thanks,