Re: [hylafax-users] race condition

thanks for your thought all of you,

round-robin was something I'd already thought about but is unluckily not possible with eicon drivers at this time.

So I guess for a work around a "pause" as chris suggested would be a point to start. Anyway I don't know how to
configure hylafax to make such a "pause".

Lee:
what would those config line changes do ? I guess
CallIDAnswerLength: 9
means answering after 9 digits received ? I'm located in germany and unluckily I can't count on fixed number length over here..

Moritz

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Chris Weiss wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:29 AM, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>  However, you may be able to work-around the issue by configuring
>>  Asterisk or the Diva server to allocate channels and/or modems in a
>>  "round-robin" fashion rather than always landing on the same
>>  channels/modems.
>>

> most defaults are to answer starting with the first free channel and
> do dial out starting with the last free channel.  main reason for this
> is the prevent picking up the phone to dial and accidentally answering
> a call, on a PRI you'd have to have 22 busy lines before that becomes
> possible where as a round-robin it's possible every time.  seems a
> pause is the best option, unless the PRI is only used for answering
> and not dialing

I'm certainly not a guru on this, but it has been my understanding that
the PRI D-channel design entirely makes it impossible to "pick up" a
channel for an outbound call that has an incoming call on it.  Now, if
you're dealing with E&M wink or robbed-bit or something other than PRI
... then I can see this "glare" condition as being entirely possible.

Maybe I'm wrong, though.

Thanks,