Re: [hylafax-users] Hylafax-Server

On Feb 10, 2008 8:18 AM, Max Mothwurf <hylafaxuser@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Am Freitag 08 Februar 2008 schrieb Patrick Obermann:
>
> > I try to install the Hylafax-Server and get the same error message over
> > and over again.
> > In the appendix there is the whole process. (I Am announced as root) .
> > Has likewise tried quite different source.list, with the same result.
>
> looks like you are having a problem *installing* the package, right before you
> come to the configuration part.
> As I'm not too familiar with Ubuntu (or what debian flavour you are running):
> check out dpkg reconfigure hylafax-server ...there is an option to do this *as
> root*.

He's installing stock debian etch package as root user so anything
strange, there's something in postinst that fail which is faxsetup.
The error "Sorry, but you must run this script as the super-user!"
confirms that it is inside faxsetup.

Patrick can you try to run faxsetup manually?

--
Riccardo Magliocchetti