Re: [hylafax-users] MT modem hangs OH and TR stays on forever

GianLuca Sarto wrote:
Why can't the modem handle this error without locking up the server?!

I can't answer this.... however, the Linux serial driver is in a state of flux at the moment and changing to a different kernel version might help.

The modems are connected to analog ports of an isdn pabx.

My guess is that this is not an issue (we have lots of customers doing this in Europe). If you have access to a analog line at a different location you should be able to rule this out of the equation.

Any advice very welcome.

Make sure you have the latest modem firmware.

Ask MT for help.

Try a Mainpine IQ Express modem (you have 30 days in which to return it if it doesn't help).

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com