Re: [hylafax-users] Prefix dialing

Michael Hallager wrote:
Take a look at the attachment.

I assume that the 03, 04, etc remain and that the prefix is "0011".
Change to your liking.

So in your config.ttyD000 file you'd put:

DialStringRules: etc/dialrules.hallager

... assuming you put this into /var/spool/hylafax/etc.

Lee.
I am having a lot of difficulty following that file and working out how
to implement what I need.
What don't you understand from the man page (
http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/man/dialrules.php ) ?

Non of it. It is some gobbledygook about calling cards.

I see.

So, what didn't you understand, then, in my 2nd reply on this thread (the one in which I sent a sample dialrules.hallager file)?

Again, what I want is for national calls (prefixed by 03, 04, 06, 07 or 09) in the batch file to have a dialing prefix '0523' in place of the '0' part.

For example-
My phone number (incl area code) is 09 839 1000
Modem should dial 0523 9 839 1000.

Again, only for national calls - local calls should remain unchanged.

Well, unless national calls are defined by the leading 03, 04, 06, 07, or 09 you'll have to further explain how to distinguish a national call number from a local call number.

But if 03, 04, 06, 07, and 09 all indicate a national call then in the sample dialrules.hallager file that I sent simply modify the :

^03 = 001103
^04 = 001104
^06 = 001106
^07 = 001107
^09 = 001109

to be:

^03 = 05233
^04 = 05234
^06 = 05236
^07 = 05237
^09 = 05239

Since you only want this to apply to one modem then you simply point DialStringRules in that one modem config file at this your custom dialrules file (and the rest you leave default or whatever).

Thanks,