Re: [hylafax-users] FaxMail + PDF Attachments + Email Header

* Riccardo Magliocchetti <riccardo.magliocchetti@xxxxxxxxx> [080206 09:13]:
> Hi,
>
> On Jan 18, 2008 3:24 AM, Aidan Van Dyk <aidan@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > * Dayton Turner <dayton@xxxxxxxxx> [080117 20:15]:
> > > [snip]
> > > When this does work, seeing as how most mailers send a text/plain, as
> > > well as a text/html attachment, will people actually get a single
> > > plaintext page, and then an html optimized page? Or is it smart
> > > enough that when the only parts are text/plain, and text/html, that
> > > it will only display the HTML formatted page?
> >
> > Unfortunately, you *will* get both documents attached.. With current
> > CVS, we're aiming to allow a mechanism to "pick" which of the available
> > multipart/alternative parts to use, but that's not in a released version
> > yet.
>
> This is very interesting. Does this mean that there will be a way to filter
> the stuff that has not "content-disposition: attachment"?

That's the goal, (along with a lot of other stuff), if I ever get a
chance to work on it...

But I'll say it again - if you want to to anything other than a basica
plain English email, I don't think faxmail is (currently, or even in the
near future) the thing you want to use.  It's 10 lines of perl (and I've
posted it and linked to it numerous times) to make a basic perl
email->sendfax gateway that you can then customise easily to do with
what you want for each mime part.

And the basic perl gateway will give you numerous things faxmail doesn't:
* Handling of various different charsets in headers and text parts
* Allow you to "filter" any parts with any arbitrary criterea
  * based on mime-type (i.e. application/octect-stream, or even
    multipart/alternative)
  * based on content type (magic, file, etc)
  * based on content-disposion/content-description
* Allow "custom" message headers to control arbitrary options to
  HylaFAX, or your MIME filtering/choices

a.

--
Aidan Van Dyk                                             aidan@xxxxxxxx
Senior Software Developer                          +1 215 825-8700 x8103