Re: [hylafax-users] Hardware suggestions to get Hylafax running?

Michael Hallager wrote:
The Multitech modems (v.34 capable models) use the Agere Venus chipset, which as far as I'm aware is the same chipset as Mainpine uses.

Historically, we used the Agere Venus chipset in our RockForce family. This chipset is over 10 years old and Agere stopped supporting it and releasing firmware for it three or more years ago.

Our current generation IQ Express products use a brand new fax chipset which we helped to develop. We are constantly releasing firmware enhancements (including ADSL and VoIP 'tolerance' technology) and expect this product to be available for the next 10 years.

Regards

Andrew Rinaldi
Mainpine Developer Support
USA +1 503 822 9944 | UK +44 8458 909438
andrew.rinaldi@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.mainpine.com