Re: [hylafax-users] faxmail options to don't send email text if attachments

Hi.

El Miércoles, 23 de Enero de 2008, Lee Howard escribió:
> Carlos Lorenzo Matés wrote:
> > Is there any option to make faxmail to not send the mail headers and body
> > as the first page if the mail had attachments? and send only the attached
> > file?
>
> This question has come up numerous times in the recent past on this
> list.  The archives will give you a plethora of possible solutions.
>
> However... you may simply want to try the faxmail -N and -T options.

I'm going to try this and read the list archives.

> But it does sound like, perhaps, you're not really wanting mail-to-fax
> (i.e. you're not trying to let the user use the "subject" header or the
> traditional mail body as a fax medium), but instead you're just trying
> to use SMTP as a job-submission gateway, and in that sense faxmail most
> likely isn't what you want... and thus you'll probably want to script-up
> your own "mail-to-sendfax" wrapper... i.e.:
>
> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/howto/faxing.php#ss5.4

Well, the best option whould be that the user could choose between the two
options

Our intention is to setup two mail gateways one as the standar faxmail and a
second where the system faxes only the attached file. Many of our documents
already had the "cover page" information on it and is a waste to make all
faxes 2 pages

also as you gessed we are setting up a fax mailing and the idea is to use our
document generation software to extract from the document itself the fax
destination and submit the document by fax using the mail gateway

Many thanks