[hylafax-users] which class to use

I purchased a serial board for my new computer and plugged the old external data/fax into the serial port. Installed HylaFAX and ran faxaddmodem and pretty much set up the fax the same as it was on the old computer. Compared the config file from before and the new config file and added the 2 lines:

UUCPLockDir:        /var/lock
UUCPLockType:        ascii

Those were the two lines that gave me headaches before because they weren't there the last time about 5 or 6 years back. Had to add them again.

Anyway I sent a test fax and everything was reported okay on this end.

My question:

I set the fax up as class 1 last time and so did the same this time. When I ran cu:

cu -l ttyS2

and did the test command as advised in the docs:

at+fclass=?

I got several options output (I would copy the output except HylaFAX has the line tied up and cu can no longer connect).

Would it be better to run as class 2 (which I think was one of the optioons output from the cu command) rather than class 1? or maybe one of the other classes output??

Thanks,
Terry