Re: [hylafax-users] No response to PPS repeated 3 times

On 1/17/08, Lee Howard <faxguy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Atis Lezdins wrote:
> > Our setup is the following:
> >
> > Hylafax 4.3.2 ->IAXmodem 0.3.2 ->Asterisk 1.4.14 ->Zaptel 1.4.7
> > ->Digium TE405P ->MCI
> >                                                            VoIP
> >                                                    Brother fax machine
> >
> > First problem was identified with sending 2 page document. Then i
> > tried several different scenarios, trying to nail down the problem. I
> > have also Brother fax machine in office for testing purposes, that's
> > connected trough VoIP (with very good bandwidth) to the same Asterisk,
> > and i have no problems sending to/from that.
>
> Pushing fax audio across a VoIP path is generally not a good thing to
> do... and it's certainly not a good thing to use as a benchmarking test:
>
> http://hylafax.sourceforge.net/docs/fax-over-voip.pdf
>
> As for the calls to the Samsung that are failing, what is the call path
> for that, do you know?  What kind of error messages is the Samsung
> producing?  Does it print out the pages?

Thanks for reply,

The path to Samsung is clearly not over VoIP - it's sent out trough
digital PRI line (with harware timing source - Zaptel card) connected
to the same machine where Hylafax resides.  I provided VoIP test just
as comparision - as the only way to connect regular fax machine was
trough VoIP, and that works - so the problem must be in Hylafax.

Unfortuneately i don't have any access to Samsung, but i can just try
until owner of it gets angry and blocks my callerid (and then i can
try with another callerid ;).

I would really appreciate any suggestions - what to start playing
with, what to try.. Maybe IAX config? I got 10 IAX modems with
identical config:

CountryCode:            1
AreaCode:               371
FAXNumber:              1212
LongDistancePrefix:     1
InternationalPrefix:    011
DialStringRules:        etc/dialrules
ServerTracing:          0xFFF
SessionTracing:         0xFFF
RecvFileMode:           0600
LogFileMode:            0600
DeviceMode:             0600
RingsBeforeAnswer:      1
SpeakerVolume:          Medium
GettyArgs:              "-h %l dx_%s"
LocalIdentifier:        "IAXmodem"
TagLineFont:            etc/lutRS18.pcf
TagLineFormat:          "From %%l|%c|Page %%P of %%T"
MaxRecvPages:           200
MaxSetupAttempts:       2
ModemType:              Class1          # use this to supply a hint
Class1AdaptRecvCmd:     AT+FAR=1
Class1TMConnectDelay:   400             # counteract quick CONNECT response
Class1RMQueryCmd:       "!24,48,72,96"  # enable this to disable V.17
ModemResetCmds:         AT+VCID=1       # enables CallID display
CallIDPattern:          "NMBR="
CallIDPattern:          "NAME="
CallIDPattern:          "ANID="
CallIDPattern:          "NDID="