[hylafax-users] Unable to transmit page (NAK at all possible signalling rates) - Failure to train remote modem at 2400 bps or minimum speed

Hello folks,

I'm trying to track down and resolve some of the last regularly
occurring errors we receive in our automated faxing environment - which
is only used to send faxes currently.

We are using HylaFAX 4.2.5 from a machine running Ubuntu LTS 6.06
(Dapper Drake).  Modem is a Multitech MT5634ZBA-v92 connected to a POTS
line.

The most regular error happens maybe 5 times a week.  I've noticed it
happening to 5 different destinations, all of which identify as "NSF
remote fax equipment: Panasonic".  I've attached the error log from one
such fax job, the error is:
Unable to transmit page (NAK at all possible signalling rates); too many
attempts to send

The second type is occurs slightly less frequently, but I've seen it
fail for about 10-15 different destination numbers. Again I've attached
a log from one failed fax, and the error is:
Failure to train remote modem at 2400 bps or minimum speed; too many
attempts to send

I believe that these stem from either hardware issues at the receiver's
or possibly line issues, but I'd like to better understand the issues,
and if there are any configuration changes I can make to help alleviate
them, I'll do that as well.

One caveat, I know the version of HylaFAX were running is not the most
current, but the machine admin indicated that it was the most current
available via the patchers for that particular OS.  He's been reluctant
to compile our own copy of the most recent HylaFAX release.  If all our
problems are a direct result of our version, then I will re-address the
issue of upgrading with him.

Thanks in advance.
Stott

<<winmail.dat>>