Re: [hylafax-users] Receive fax, reboot, receive another, ...

Kevin Gamiel wrote:
I can successfully receive a single fax, but no more until I reboot. I tried kill -HUP-ing and -9-ing faxgetty, it respawns, but still won't respond to incoming calls until I reboot, no messages in /var/log/messages whatsoever. I turned up logging and attached relevant bits which demonstrates a successful receive following a reboot followed by kill(s). Seems like a faxgetty/modem configuration issue, but having trouble tracking it down. I've also attached my /var/spool/hylafax/etc/config.ttySL0 file as well.

If you're restarting faxgetty and it still won't answer again then the problem is likely the modem. The SmartLink modems have been problematic. I've not been able to get one to work reliably.

Thanks,