Re: [hylafax-users] No Local Dialtone intermittend

Hans Bernard wrote:

Hi Guys,

I am running a HylaFAX server 4.4.4 on a Redhat Linux Enterprise Edition 3 Update 7 with 2 Mutlitech ISI5634UPCI/8 modemcard.

We now have two issues

1) The faxq stops working and I get this message on there

a. FIFO: open: No such device or address

I would be very surprised if this happens on HylaFAX+ 5.2.0.

2) I get allot of faxes with No Dialtone error

a. I know the lines are working

b. The modem has been tested with minicom

c. I removed the fax lines from our analogue gateway and put them on old fasion Analogue lines. This is a little beter but not here yet

d. It looks like timing issue the modem card seems to fast for the analogue line.

Try putting a bit of a pause into your dialstring like this:

ModemDialCmd: ATDT,,%s